Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ron Paul- "But there’s a limit to how much independence one can get away with within Washington, D.C."



Direct Link to this video:
http://youtu.be/KmJqSLNy8ms

This video is in reference to an email from U.S. Congressman, Representative Ron Paul (Republican Party) to his supporters asking them to support U.S. Congresman Representative Lamar Smith in late 2009; the video was taken at the Campaign for Liberty conference in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.

Lamar Smith is a "Christian Scientist". He received degrees from T.M.I.: The Episcopal School of Texas, Yale University and Southern Methodist University Law School.

Ron Paul in italics

I just want a quick statement on why you are encouraging your supporters to support Lamar Smith, 22 year incumbent, 2 time bailout voter, voted for the war in Iraq; we are curious down here in Austin.

I have made an agreement that I will support the incumbents of Texas- Republican incumbents of Texas.
I am in the Republican Party.
I am the most independent Republican within Congress.
But there’s a limit to how much independence one can get away with within Washington, D.C.

As I posted here at Freedom of Medicine and Diet, Ron Paul and Lamar Smith are found on opposing sides...

Make of it what you will about the dynamics ...

No comments: